Buckhurst Hill Lacrosse Club Forum
16-Oct-18, 08:42:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newsletter  (Read 3223 times)
Keith
Sr. BHLC Member
Laxer

« on: 04-Apr-12, 06:39:42 PM »

Why not have a weekly Newsletter for all match results. and general information for the week, This used to be a regular feature of Bucks Lacrosse from 1957 until about 1973 with a few specials since.
 I know that at least one current player is interested in scores, scorers and records. A Newsletter would be an ideal method of recording all that info.For the intersted party, the record number of goals scored for Bucks in one season, is 133, but until I trawl the records I cannot recall what season the was.
davewilliams
Administrator
Laxer

« Reply #1 on: 04-Apr-12, 07:10:39 PM »

133 goals?
That's an intimidating target, but if we break it down to bite-sized chunks;
                        Divide 133 by the likely number of Buckhurst Hill league and Flag games in a season
                          and all the new hot-shot has to do to take Keith Allum's title is score more than
                                      6.33 goals per game, every game, for a whole season.

Simples.

Welcome to the Forum Keith.
davewilliams
Administrator
Laxer

« Reply #2 on: 05-Apr-12, 08:50:22 AM »

Why not have a weekly Newsletter for all match results. and general information for the week, This used to be a regular feature of Bucks Lacrosse from 1957 until about 1973 with a few specials since..

Keith, we supply a bland article to the Epping Forest Guardian/Gazette for Thursday publication and if anything interesting happened, we usually have a chat on the inside of this forum.
Good point, though, I'll start writing-up specifics.
That said, don't know I can compete with the musings of "The Long-Distance Lacrosse Player".
Chairman
Sr. BHLC Member
Laxer

« Reply #3 on: 05-Apr-12, 08:51:48 AM »

you can't but I believe that foreign player would be able to.

Rich
Sr. BHLC Member
Laxer

« Reply #4 on: 05-Apr-12, 09:03:02 AM »

Why not have a weekly Newsletter for all match results. and general information for the week, This used to be a regular feature of Bucks Lacrosse from 1957 until about 1973 with a few specials since..

Keith, we supply a bland article to the Epping Forest Guardian/Gazette for Thursday publication ".

I am outraged. Bland!!!! I feel so used.
Keith
Sr. BHLC Member
Laxer

« Reply #5 on: 05-Apr-12, 09:18:39 AM »

Glad the subject has provoked some interest. The trick now, is to do something about it. It needs a person who is on the spot and at the centre of all the activity, to promote more interest, and potentially new recruits.
davewilliams
Administrator
Laxer

« Reply #6 on: 05-Apr-12, 09:46:13 AM »

Keith, we supply a bland article to the Epping Forest Guardian/Gazette for Thursday publication ".

I am outraged. Bland!!!! I feel so used.

Cheesy Cheesy  ie, written (with style and fluency, of course) for the general newspaper-reading public, jargon-free and, you know, sort of, well, bland.
Good Job Rich. When the world of Epping Forest knows the lax'n lingo, you can use some spicier wording.
davewilliams
Administrator
Laxer

« Reply #7 on: 09-Apr-12, 01:29:29 PM »

See the Spencer2s 1 v 3 Buckhurst Hill match report inside "General" section.
Mike
Sr. BHLC Member
Laxer

« Reply #8 on: 10-Apr-12, 01:31:17 AM »

So there I was sipping on a cold tinnie in the top paddock and happened by a comment about the Long Distance Lacrosse Player. Don't tell me I might have to dust of my gloves, Dubbin my boots and give my aging wooden stick a rub-down with an oily rag! How can you think of resurrecting a Newsletter without your most regular contributor? I feel I'm too long in the tooth now to kick off (of face off) my illustious career again so I might have to put an Ex before the Player.

I echo Dave's comment, welcome to the Forum Keith, it only took me about 2 years to get you to do it but I think we've now found a way to communicate across the world with that tedious email business.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: